1. The Romanian Law no. 180/2022 for the amendment and supplement of the Law no. 58/1934 on the bill of exchange and promissory note in Romania
- Regarding the bill of exchange issued in Romania, the payment amount is written in letters and numbers; in case of differences, the amount of payment written in letters shall prevail. If the payment amount is written several times, either in letters or numbers, the payment amount is the lower amount.
- If the bill of exchange issued in Romania bears the signatures of the incapables, false signatures or signatures which for any other reason cannot bind the persons who signed the bill of exchange or in whose name it was signed, the obligations of the other signatories remain valid in Romania.
- Any actions resulting from bills of exchange issued in Romania against the acquirer are prescribed within 3 years, calculated from the due date.
2. The communication procedure in Romania by electronic means between the central fiscal body and the natural person, legal person and other entities without legal personality, from 09.06.2022, Romanian Tax Authority
- The Romanian administrative-fiscal documents issued in electronic form by the central fiscal body are communicated by electronic means through the “Virtual private space” service, hereinafter referred to as VPS, available on the Romanian Tax Authority’s website.
- In case of using the VPS, no other way of communication of the Romanian administrative-fiscal documents is used.
- The natural person, legal person and other entities without legal personality have access to VPS, directly or through their legal representatives.
- The natural person, legal person or other entities without legal personality may request the t of the use of the VPS.