1.The Romanian Law no. 134/2022 for the amendment of the Romanian Government Emergency Ordinance no. 195/2002 regarding the traffic on public roads
- The maximum speed limits outside the localities from Romania are:
- on highways – 130 km / h;
- on express roads – 120 km / h;
- on European national roads (E) – 100 km / h;
- on the other categories of roads – 90 km / h.
- On the highways or express roads in Romania, the traffic of pedestrians, vehicles with oversized dimensions, without having a special transport authorization issued by the public road administrator, according to the regulations in force, of animal drawn vehicles, animals, vehicles pulled or pushed by hand, bicycles, electric scooters and mopeds, agricultural or forestry tractors and self-propelled agricultural machinery, as well as vehicles which, by construction or other reasons, may not exceed a speed of 50 km / h, is forbidden.
2.The Romanian Law no. 138/2022 for the amendment and supplement of the Law no. 205/2004 on animal protection
- The police officers of the Romanian Police who, in the exercise of their duties, find that an animal is in a situation of danger, immediately issue an order to place the animal in the shelter for a period of 45 days or entrust it to an association or animal protection foundation that have an agreement on the veterinary medical services with a veterinary clinic.
- It is a crime and it could be sanctioned with a penalty of 6 months to 3 years or a fine in Romania:
a) the surgical procedures intended to alter the appearance of an animal or to other non-curative purposes, such as codotomy, cutting of the ears, sectioning of the vocal cords, ablation of the claws, beak and teeth;
b) the separation of the babies from the mother up to the age of at least eight weeks of life in order to be marketed, except for the removal of the mother chicks before the minimum species-specific period for weaning;
c) the use of live animals for the training of animals or to control their aggression, if it causes them pain.
- It is a crime and it could be sanctioned with a penalty of 1 to 5 years or a fine in Romania:
a)the use of wild animals, belonging to the vertebrate subbranch, regardless of the degree of taming, born in captivity or captured in the wild, in circus performances, traveling circuses, caravans and traveling artist troupes, as well as in any other similar performances;
b)the use of tranquilizer weapons on animals in other situations than for their immobilization;
c)shooting at domestic animals or captive wild animals;
d)intentional injury to animals.
- It is a crime and it could be sanctioned with a penalty of 2 to 7 years in Romania:
a) killing animals, intentionally, without having the right;
b) torturing animals;
c) organizing fights between animals or with animals;
- In case of a sentence for one of the crimes provided in Romania, the Romanian court may order as a complementary punishment the interdiction of having animals for a period of 1 year to 5 years.