Pavel, Mărgărit and Associates, as a data processor, informs you by this way that your personal data is hereby processed to the extent permitted by the Romanian applicable law, for a number of purposes clearly defined.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data processed by the Firm are presented below, being a non-limiting list and it can be modified and adapted, at any time, as the case may be.
1) name, first name, telephone number, e-mail address, date and place of birth, series and number of the identity card, personal and/or professional address, position held;
2) location data, online identifiers, IP identifier;
3) financial information;
4) photos, audio and/or video recordings taken in connection with certain legal procedures;
5) relevant information required by the legislation on customer knowledge and/or anti-money laundering;
6) certain categories of special data such as health, criminal convictions, crimes.
Also, Pavel, Mărgărit and Associates collects the non-personally identifiable information such as: the browser type, language preference, site of reference and also the date and time of each request. The purpose of the website is to have a better understanding on how visitors use the website.
THE PURPOSES AND BASIS OF THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA.
The processed data is correct, accurate and up-to-date and also please be informed that the period of time for which the storage operates is directly proportional to the purpose. To determine the appropriate retention period for the personal data we process, the Firm takes into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing, different risks of probability and severity to your rights and freedoms, applicable legal, accounting or reporting requirements. After the period in which the Firm can legally store the data, this information will be deleted/destroyed according to the internal policy.
Personal data is processed in a legal and transparent manner, being about the necessary data for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was extracted are processed. The purposes of the processing of your data may be, among others:
- performance of the agreement concluded, including the performance of the activities carried out in your interest by virtue of the agreement;
- fulfillment of the tax obligations related to the payment of the fee;
- drafting documents on your behalf, according to the mandate entrusted;
- submiting to courts and other institutions, authorities, organizations and individuals, from Romania and other countries, as a conventional representative or defender, the requests and other documents necessary for the execution of the entrusted mandate;
- fulfillment of the obligations imposed by law on lawyers;
- fulfillment of the professional obligation to keep records of the contracts concluded by the form of exercise of the profession of lawyer.
As a personal data processor, the Firm has as its basis/foundation the following:
- The processing is necessary for the conclusion or performance of an agreement to which you are a party;
- The processing is carried out on the basis of your consent;
- Processing is necessary to protect your vital interests;
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of our Firm or of a third party (where processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which your organization is a party), unless your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms prevail over such interests;
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of the legal claims.
By subscribing to the Firm’s Newsletter, you consent to the processing of your data on marketing purposes, having the choice to unsubscribe at any time. By unsubscribing, your data will no longer be stored by the Firm’s systems until after a possible re-subscription on your part.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Firm applies the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data against the destruction, loss, disclosure or unauthorized access. Access to personal data is limited to the processors who are able to process such data, the partners, employees, consultants, workers, controllers who have the access being obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal data and to guarantee the same level of protection as provided by the Firm.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we process or hold about you:
- A) right of access
You have the right to receive our confirmation/denial regarding the processing of your personal data and if we hold and store such data, we can provide you a copy/proof of the held information. A reasonable time must be considered for it, which shall not be less than 7 working days.
- B) right to rectification
You have the right to obtain the rectification of your personal data that has been entered or incorrectly taken over by the Firm. Depending on the situation, we will notify you about the other third parties who have legally processed your data for the purposes clearly specified herein.
- C) right to erasure
You have the right to request the removal of your personal data.
- D) the right to restrict processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. In this case, the data will be processed by the Firm only for certain purposes.
- E) right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format and you also have the right to transmit those data to another entity without any objection.
- f) the right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by the Firm. If you exercise this right, the Firm will no longer process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise the abovementioned rights or to learn more about these rights, we invite you to send us a notice, by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRANSFERS OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
In carrying out the Law Firm’s business, your personal data may be sent to third parties, situation imposed by the various circumstances according to the the mandate. Among such third parties we mention, as an example:
– Notaries, bailiffs, courts, public authorities/institutions in Romania or abroad. In each case, the transfer is recognized as providing an adequate level of data protection from the perspective of the European data protection law;
– Companies providing services for anti-money laundering controls, credit risk reduction and other fraud and crime prevention purposes, financial institutions;
-Any directly related third party to whom we assign rights or obligations under the law.