Why should cybersecurity be a priority for your company?
As technology advances, the risk of cyber-attacks becomes ever more prevalent. As a Romanian cybersecurity lawyer at Pavel, Margarit & Associates, I’ve seen first-hand the devastating consequences cyberattacks can have on Romanian businesses. In this article, I’ll share my expert advice on how to protect your business from cyberattacks.
The cost of a cyber attack: more than just financial
Not only can a cyber attack lead to a loss of revenue for your business, it can also damage your reputation and cause legal problems. As a law firm, we’ve helped our clients deal with the consequences of cyber attacks, including lawsuits and regulatory investigations. It’s important to take proactive steps to prevent these incidents from happening in the first place.
Tips to protect your business from cyber attacks
- Carry out regular security audits: keep abreast of potential threats by conducting regular security audits of your company’s technology systems.
- Train your employees on how to identify and respond to potential cyber threats, such as phishing e-mails.
- Use strong passwords: Encourage employees to use complex passwords and change them regularly.
- Implement multi-factor authentication: multi-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your accounts and makes it more difficult for hackers to gain access.
- Use anti-virus and anti-malware software: Make sure your company’s computers have up-to-date anti-virus and anti-malware software.
- Make regular back-ups of your company’s data to an off-site location in the event of a computer attack or other disaster.
By taking these steps, you can significantly reduce the risk of a cyber attack and protect your business from potential financial and legal consequences. As a cybersecurity lawyer in Romania, I strongly recommend making cybersecurity a priority for your company. At Pavel, Margarit & Associates, we offer cybersecurity-related legal services and are here to help you protect your business from cyber threats.