Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
Pavel, Margarit and Associates Romanian Law Firm has over 15 years of experience and has been recognized on the market as a strong and respected firm that assists and advises both domestic and international major real estate and construction developers and key players from the energy and natural resources sector on mandates involving complex financing cross-border matters.
The law firm assists companies with financing matters, frequently acting alongside major international law firms in cross-border transactions, providing high standard expertise from project financing, acquisition, debt restructuring, refinancing, acquisition of distressed assets and NPL portfolios, equity transactions, intra-group financing, club loans, security packages including mortgages, warranties, due diligence, to structuring of the entire transaction. The firm assists Clients with negotiations, structuring and documenting all financing agreements, including structured finance, asset-based financing, corporate finance, real estate-secured loans, to name a few.
- Acquisition Finance;
- Real Estate Finance;
- Alternative Sources of Debt Funding;
- Commercial Lending;
- Regulated Lending;
- Contract Negotiation;
- Deal Structure
- Non-Performing Loan Restructuring (NPLs)
- Collateral Guarantees Negotiation;
- Sale and Leaseback Transactions;
- Prepayment Transactions;
- Debt Assignment
International Financial Law Review IFLR1000 2022
In the 2022 IFLR 1000 Edition, for Banking and Finance practice area, client testimonials describe Pavel, Margarit & Associates Romanian Law Firm as follows:
“I liked the progressive attitude and spirit, the team has a proactive approach to solving the client’s problems.”
“Knowledgeable, attention to detail, proactive, problem-solvers, excellent service.”
“We knew that we could rely on Mr. Radu Pavel and his team of specialised lawyers at any time, understanding the needs and challenges of the industry. ”
Source: IFLR 1000, 2022
International Financial Law Review IFLR1000 2020
Banking and Finance, Corporate and M&A
Highly regarded lawyer expertise in Real Estate, Restructuring and Insolvency and Banking and Finance practice areas
- Assisted an AIM listed and multi-commodity resource exploration and development company, in a cross-border financing transaction spanning three jurisdictions (Romania, the U.K. and Switzerland) with Mercuria Energy Trading, one of the largest trading houses in the world. The firm assisted with all aspects pertaining to the transaction.
- Assisted an AIM-listed mining company with mines in Romania and Zimbabwe, the only operating investor in the mining industry in Romania in an intra-group financial project. Our legal services included advising the finance parties in the syndicate on all the Romanian law aspects regarding the financing of the construction, commissioning, development, operation and maintenance of several mines operated by the group of companies in Romania.
- Assisted an AIM-listed mining company with mines in Romania and Zimbabwe, the only active operating investor in the mining industry in Romania in a binding conditional Bond Issue Deed through an issuance of secured convertible bonds to a UK based private equity fund, spanning over 4 jurisdictions: U.K., Romania, U.S. and Switzerland.